A Versatile Upgraded Protein Shake To Fit Your Needs
This recipe is one of my favorites because it can be adjusted to meet your needs and differing nutritional protocols. It works well when I’m fasting until noon, as a high-fat, high-energy breakfast when I’m not and even as a tasty snack mid day. For those of you not in a carb restricted, high fat diet, feel free to eliminate the extra fat (MCT oil or Ghee/Butter) and add in something like half of a frozen banana, 1/4 sweet potato or even 1 or 2 pitted dates. I’ve also experimented with this by removing the almond butter and the consistency is still great.
- 3 to 4 cups of Unsweetened Coconut Milk <unsweetened almond, soy or cashew milk can be substituted> depending on desired consistency.
- * Optional 1/2 to 1 cup Cold Water depending on desired consistency
- 1 serving of Vanilla or Unflavored Grass-Fed or Plant Based Protein [I prefer complete proteins like whey or collagen]
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 heaping TSP of Vanilla Chai flavored Maca Boost by Gaia Herbs
- 1 heaping TSP of Creatine Monohydrate by Douglas Laboratories
- 1/3 to 1/2 Cup Chia Seeds
- 1 TBSP Almond Butter
- 1 TBSP MCT Oil
- 1 TBSP Grass Fed Fat [I use Bulletproof Grassfed Ghee because butter doesn’t like to blend unless at room temperature or above; I’ve heard Cacao Butter works well too.]