A Rich, High -Fat, Blood Sugar Regulating Chocolate Shake?
But once the hunger and cravings go away, if you’re like me, you’re probably going to want some type of comfort food at some point. And for me this does the trick – with lots of quality fat and adequate protein.
- 1/2 to 1 serving of a low to no carb grass fed protein source like whey or collagen – unflavored, chocolate or vanilla works
- 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk (the stuff from the can)
- 1.5 TBSP of Cacao Powder
- 1 TBSP of low to no glycemic impact artificial sweetener (e.g. Xylitol, Swerve, Monk’s Fruit)
- 3/4 TBSP of Pure Vanilla Extract [*Optional – use vanilla powder instead of extract]
- 1 TBSP MCT Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- *Optional 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 3/4 Cup Cold Water
- 1 Cup Ice
- *Optional ground flaxseed or flaxseed oil
Want to save this for later? Wait until you’re ready to drink this shake to add the ice and blend it. You don’t want to add the ice, blend it, and then throw it in the fridge – the consistency isn’t as good if you blend and let sit. My advice, if you’re not going ham on this right when you make it, is to let all the ingredients sit in a blender in the fridge, and then toss in 1 cup of ice when you’re ready to enjoy it.